My daughter recently moved to off-campus housing near her university. So, so sad for me. To make myself feel better, I turned her bedroom into my sewing room. The only bummer is that it's in the basement, but I decided having a place I can escape to is worth it being tucked away in a lone corner. :)
My husband gave me a sewing cabinet for Christmas, so it's all set up in there. (And I LOVE it. Everything right at my fingertips! A nice space to the left side to support the fabric! BEST THING EVER!!!) He also painted over the bright green and yellow walls with a nice neutral beige. (Boring, I know, but that's what wall quilts are for.) I got all my fabric organized and put away. Right now we have a full-size bed in there, but at the end of summer, that should be moved to another room. At that point, I hope to set up a cutting table. In the meantime, I go out to the ping pong table in the family room to cut. It works. Haha...
I am planning to make a "Spools" quilt for the wall and maybe I will find a few other things to make it feel more cozy. Right now I'm just happy to have a place for all my things and a clean, fairly roomy space for sewing! It all softens the blow of another chick flying the nest...
I also went to my first meeting of the UCMQG. I think I'm really going to enjoy it for lots of reasons.
And suddenly I have an attachment to hedgehogs... I am hoping to see more of this line (Bluebird Park by Kate and Birdie for Moda) in my future:
And I am going to set some quilting goals for this week:
1) Finish the top of the quilt for my daughter and see if I have enough fabric for the back.
2) Finish two more blocks of the scrappy 30's string blocks that Amy Smart taught at Quilt Bliss
3) Take better pictures of some of the quilts (the ones that live at our house!) I've made and update my posts about them with better "quilt journaling." (Thanks, Kristen from UCMQG and Quilt Bliss, for teaching me this!)
4) Do a Flashback Friday of some of my earlier quilt projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment