Monday, July 20, 2015

A bunch of small finishes...

Blogging is definitely not as quick and easy as Instagram. (I won't even tell you how many times I've had to redo this post, because of how difficult Blogger makes it to edit where your pictures go. Don't get me started…)

Okay, so here we go… again. All of these were done in April except the piano bag at the end:


A little Easter-time wood craft my younguns' and I made. 
My roomie at Quilt Bliss had one of these neato pressing/cutting side tables, and she was sweet enough to tell me how to make one of my own. It's really a nice addition to the sewing room!
I discovered the #hourbasket on Instagram and went a little crazy. But they are super nice for storing FQ's and fabric groupings for a project!

I also found a bag tutorial on IG… and made this out of the scraps of the quilt my daughter made for her then-unborn baby girl. I was thinking a second little diaper bag with some spare wipes and diapers, but she is actually using it for a church bag. That works, too!
A little size adjustment on the Hour Basket and I have a thread catcher. I love it! How did I ever sew without one???
I just couldn't stop on these. (Well, I did stop eventually.)


My Saltwater block that I started at Quilt Bliss! 
The backing is from some of the FQ's I won at QB.
I wasn't sure what color to use for the fmq, so I asked for opinions on IG. @hobblecreekquilts for the win with a light gray thread suggestion. It worked perfectly to blend well with all the colors.
I did the binding by machine. It's just so much quicker.
It's the first quilt on my "mini quilt" wall. :) I really need to finish some other mini-quilts and get them up there.
I started this piano bag in early June, maybe late May. I totally miscalculated the sizing… and after boxing the corners, I was so frustrated at how small it was that I threw in the towel on ANY quilting for like a month! Finally, in early July, I ventured back to the sewing room and made myself finish this up.
I experimented with a "meandering with small loops" pattern on one side...
… and a pattern of pebbles (?) on the other side. I was surprised how much longer this side took and how much thread it used! But it was a fun experiment. 
Since it's too small to hold piano books, my daughter uses it for toting her stuffed animals around the house. Sometimes she'll keep her art supplies in there, and it has been making its way to church with her each week. It fits her perfectly, and I'm happy that I finished it up.

 April and May were super productive months for me in the sewing room… I also got three quilts to the quilter by the first week in May! (The one that is actually completely finished is in the next post.) That piano bag, plus summer activities and company really threw me off my game. Thank goodness for quilt guild… I went to the July meeting this past Saturday and it got me excited about quilting again. (I also got a little excited about buying fabric again. Haha…)



No comments:

Post a Comment