Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I love this quilt!

I finally finished this quilt that I started at the beginning of the year. (Maybe even before that? Maybe early this year? I can't even remember!) I know it's been back from the quilter for 2-3 months, so it's kinda sad that it's just been waiting for me to get the binding on, label it with my love, and get it to it's new owner… where it hopefully will get lots of good use.

I don't know if it was the lighting outside (we seem to have a lot of overcast days lately) or my computer screen, but I don't feel like these pictures do the colors justice. They definitely are a muted palette, but maybe not quite as muted as you see here.

My inspiration came from Film in the Fridge. (Tutorial here.) I did change the sizing a bit to make my squares a bit bigger. I probably should have taken pictures before I washed it… it's really crinkly. :)




I added a little bit of orange binding. That's me living on the edge. :)

This picture shows at least a couple of colors in their real vibrancy. I'm really going to have
to figure out my photography issues… What I really need is a quick filter like on Instagram… the colors look more vibrant there thanks to that feature!
Dang. I even went back out and tried for more color.
I really ended up loving this quilt a lot! I would have never picked the color scheme - it was chosen by the person it's for - but it has turned out to be one of my favorite quilts.

(Longarm quilted by Stacey G.)

P.S. Adding this the next day: I dropped the quilt off to my son and daughter-in-law tonight. My daughter-in-law got a bit teary-eyed, which was soooooooo sweet and made me happy to know that she will love the quilt as much as I do. That makes the labor of love so worthwhile!



No comments:

Post a Comment