I admit... most of my projects haven't been started at all... I just have fabric and ideas. YIKES! I'm one of those quilters. (Yes, I do realize that 12 WIPS can be a small number for some quilters.) :)
Here are three of the projects I've worked on this week:
This is a quilt for my grandma's 89th birthday in June. I'm making 35 of these pinwheel blocks from the 1930's reproduction fabrics. I love them. I have about 12 blocks left to make.
This next block is the first in a Block of the Month our quilt guild is doing. It was not easy... even one of our more experienced quilters didn't have fun with it. We'll see what everyone says when we meet next time. Maybe it will turn into a pillow. :) I am using the Civil War reproduction fabrics, which I love.
What I learned from this block: Always check to make sure the directional fabrics are going in the direction you want. I'm not changing it now, but I did learn to look more closely before sewing.
I joined the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt-Along, and I've made four of the five available blocks. I guess that means I'm pretty much caught up, since I have over a week to make Block Five before the 6th block comes out.
What I learned from this project is that it's best to have a good variety of fabrics. I had ten different fabrics (I'm using fat quarters instead of a jelly roll) and that wasn't enough. After I made Block Two, I knew I needed a trip back to my LQS to add more variety to my blocks. I do NOT like Block Two... the fabrics I used are too busy and it hurts my eyes to look at it. I may make it over, but I'm going to wait first to see how it looks when all the blocks are done. I used several different collections for this quilt, including Tweet-Tweet, Freebird, Essential Dots, and Attitude Girls. There are some random fabrics I picked up, also, and I have no idea what collection they are from.
Block One:
Block Two, which is hard for me to post. It's just embarrassingly busy. I am hoping that when the quilt is all put together, it won't be so bad.
Block Three:
Block Four:
Love the one for g'ma. Not too wild about the material in the different blocks. They are all too busy for me! The Civil War material is nice--couldn't figure out what you did wrong.
ReplyDelete