We have a Scouting tradition in our family, so it was fun to make this quilt out of Scouting fabric. My son has finished Cubs and started Boy Scouts, so he was pretty excited about it.
(I do have his name embroidered on the label... but for privacy reasons, I took it out of the picture!)I love the Buggy Barn method! You don't have to be exact, so that takes a lot of pressure off the process!
What I learned: Sometimes not all the blocks will have great "matches" with the fabrics that end up together. If you're familiar with the Buggy Barn method, you probably know what I mean. I ended up buying more fabric to help with that problem, but I still see that some of the blocks aren't quite as contrasting as I would like. Still, I love the quilt as a whole.
Machine quilted by Stacey G., as always!
Really cute quilt. Are those stars appliqued?
ReplyDeleteNo... not applique! It's a method of quilting that is done on machine. You should take the class the next time they offer it. It's so nice to not have to be so precise with the Buggy Barn method!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you finally posted more pics. I think they all turned out great, but it is nice to know I am not the only one who doesn't love her finished product. It is sad after all that effort. I am glad things are calming down for you!! Good job finishing so many quilts!
ReplyDeleteI love this quilt! Your stars look amazing.
ReplyDelete