Here are the two quilts I made for my little ones last Christmas. I finished them in March'ish(everything was done except tacking the binding down at Christmastime - and I did wrap them up and give them to the kidlets - but some unexpected situations delayed the completion until a bit later!), but didn't get around to taking pictures and posting them. It's been a busy year... :)
This is for my little boy:


And this one is for my little girl:

I had to piece the back of my son's, because when I bought the backing, I trusted the saleslady to figure out how much I needed. Now I know that I can do the math myself and just might have a better chance at figuring it out correctly. :) There was no way I was going to try to piece and match that diamond design, so I bought the dots to fill in the lack. Luckily, my daughter's could be pieced with the same fabric, which was easier.
These are "I-Spy" quilts, found on the blog diaryofaquilter. She even (from time to time) sells the vintage "I-Spy" squares in her shop!
I also made a quilt for my son and his wife who were married earlier this year...

This was from a pattern from the Modern Basics book by Amy at Amy's Creative Side. I changed the color scheme, obviously, and made it another row wide so there was plenty of snuggling room for the newlyweds. :)
All three quilts were quilted by Stacey G. :)
*Sorry the coloring is so bad in these pictures.*
I have two wallhangings ready to go to the quilter, as well as a baby quilt (which was started when my four year old was a baby and now will NOT be used for him) and a table runner.
AND I'm really excited about two quilts I am making for Christmas gifts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment