Sunday, August 31, 2014

Super excited for some plans for my sewing room!

It's true... I haven't really done any sewing lately. It's been a busy summer! But I'm excited about some stuff I've got planned for my sewing room.

My sweet daughter has left for her 18 month adventure in Central America. Boo-hoo for me, but I'm making myself feel better by improving my sewing room. Now that she has moved out for an extended time, I was able to take the bed out of the room. That has freed up some space for a cutting table. Woot! No more bending over the ping pong table! My husband is building it for me tomorrow!

We also have the materials to hang a wrapping paper station near the cutting table so wrapping gifts will be a lot easier. (My old wrapping paper storage method was to pull the box of wrapping out from under the bed and try to find somewhere to wrap where the kids wouldn't walk in. It also usually involved bending over a bed or sitting on the floor... which is fine when you are young and limber. I'm not so much.)

AND... we are also going to build one of those ironing board toppers that is longer and rectangular in shape. Super excited about this!

So while I'm tempted to wait until all this is done before I tackle my next sewing project, I'm not going to. I made a commitment at UCMQG to finish one project every month my daughter is on her mission. I need to make good on that, so here are my goals for the week:

1) Prep the binding for the camping-themed quilt for my son. I dropped the quilt off to the quilter on Saturday, so I want to be ready when it comes back in a couple of weeks.

2) Get started on the label for the same quilt.

3) Find binding fabric for the old Saturday Sampler quilt that has been waiting for binding for 2+ years. Prepping it can wait until next week. 

4) Start cutting squares of fabric for the patchwork quilt I'm making for our bed. Gotta use up that Civil War reproduction fabric that I only sort-of like anymore. Still, it will make a good quilt for winter, so I'm fine using it.

I need to stop using my three hours of free time (while the youngest is in kindergarten) on housework! I can throw an hour of quilt stuff in there. I should be able to get quite a bit done on this list if I devote an hour a day to quilting.

I should have lots of pics next week of all I've accomplished. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment