Thursday, June 10, 2010

An addition to my Quilting Heritage!

My mom was visiting a few weeks ago while I was working on my grandma's quilt. She said the fabric reminded her of the quilts my great-grandmother used to make.

My great-grandmother... my mom's dad's mother. I didn't know she was a quilter.

My mom's dad... my grandfather... is the husband of the grandma I made the quilt for. So we're talking about her mother-in-law.

My aunt also just wrote and mentioned this great-grandmother's quilts. She said my Great-Grandma B was a life-long quilter and made many quilts back in the day when they were a household necessity.

I wish I knew more about her and her quilts. Just knowing that I am doing a bit of what she did - even if it was maybe for different reasons, with different types of fabric, and with different tools - makes me feel a connection to my great-grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment