So back when my quilting obsession began... last fall... I signed up for a Block of the Month through the FQS. I did the first block and did not like how it turned out. Lots of HST's, and as a beginning quilter, I didn't do the pressing right and had all sorts of wonky things going on. I didn't work on any of the other blocks because life got busy (in a good way). In the meantime, I took a class, did some more quilting, and in the last week or so, felt up to trying again with that Block of the Month.
Here was the problem: I like to make my HST's bigger and trim down to the right size. The instructions didn't give enough information on some of the blocks to do the math on it... and even though I asked two of my quilter friends and even called the pattern designer... well, it was just going to be too much math work for me. I couldn't impose on others to figure out each block for me!
Anyway, I decided to look around for another sampler quilt that would work better for me (and use the fabric from my Block of the Month), and lucky me! I stumbled on Amy's Simple Sampler Quilt Along just yesterday! Providence, I'd say! I e-mailed her and she said she was definitely going to give the numbers for those of us who like to trim each unit of a block down to size! Yay!
Maybe someday I'll be able to make HST's without trimming them down to size, but in the meantime, I have the Simple Sampler Quilt Along. (Click on the button on the right to join in!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment