Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Better at quilting than blogging?

I don't even know if THAT statement is true. I have a couple of finishes, a couple that are very close (need binding), and another couple in the works. I really don't like having several projects going at a time, so I'm trying to finish up those that are close.

But here's my biggest accomplishment in the last... um... five months. I made a quilt for my aunt!

It was something I had been thinking about and when my mom also mentioned it, I decided to just go for it. I think it was in about October when I began, and I had it done a week before Christmas. My mom and I gave it to her for Christmas. (My mom sent me money to purchase fabric, and I did the sewing!)

I forgot to take pics before I sent it with my parents to take to my aunt (out of state), so they took pictures before giving it to her:



(I removed both my aunt's and my mom's names. I'm an equal opportunity name protector.)

We (think) we were sneaky and found out my aunt's favorite colors via my uncle. I'm not sure how he did it, but she loves purples (lavender) and teals/aquas. I threw in the yellow for variety and cheer. I really like how the colors turned out and the pattern was easier than it looked.

If you want to make this quilt, I used an Original Recipe from the Moda Bakeshop: Charming Stars by Stephanie Roman.

Quilted by Stacey G.

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky aunt you have. You did an amazing job. It's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete